(August 14, 2016) Larry Noodles hired high powered New Haven litigator Joseph Merly to fight off Rabbi Greer and his lawyer William Ward. Joe Merly is a real lawyer who works in a real law office with other attorneys and support staff while Ward works out of his basement in Litchfield with his pet cat Fee-Fee. Joe Merly has 93 files listed on the Connecticut Federal Court docket, while Ward only has eight, one of which is the Greer child molestation case. Merly cut his litigation teeth working for his uncle, the legendary Bridgeport City Attorney Lawrence Merly, who worked under the Bucci Administration back in the 1980s. The Merly law firm represented such Bridgeport icons as Cay Williams, the owner of Captains Cove Seaport and Mario Testa, the powerful Chairman of the Democratic Town Committee, while Ward was defending his wife in traffic court after she got a speeding ticket. Joe Merly works in downtown New Haven on Elm Street, across the street from high profile criminal defense lawyer Ira Grudberg with the bow tie, and down the street from the legendary Irish bulldog Attorney Hugh Keefe, whose firm was hired to represent Greer rape victim Avi Hack, while Ward works across the street from Elsie the cow, on her farm in Litchfield.
Attorney Merly immediately got to work to defend the rights of Larry Noodles. Attorney Merly filed a motion to stop all legal proceedings started by Rabbi Queer. Here is a copy of the motion:
DEFENDANTS MOTION TO STAY PROCEEDINGS
The Defendant hereby moves that this matter be stayed on the following grounds:
1. This matter pertains to statements made by the Defendant on his website www.larrynoodles.com, concerning a civil lawsuit filed by Eliyahu Mirlis against Rabbi Daniel Greer, in Federal Court for the District of Connecticut, ie., Mirlis v. Greer, 16-CV-678 MSP.
2. In said Federal civil lawsuit Mr. Mirlis alleged that he was forcibly raped and sodomized by Rabbi Greer when he was a child at the Yeshiva of New Haven, a Jewish religious school run by Rabbi Greer.
3. Upon the filing of said child rape lawsuit, attorney William Ward, the attorney for Rabbi Greer, on the date of May 3, 2016, issued the following press release: “Ask yourself why Mr. Mirlis, an Orthodox Jew, would not seek redress from a rabbinical arbitration court. Ask yourself why Mr. Mirlis’s first stop was his lawyer’s office to seek money.”
4. Rabbi Greer represents himself to be an Orthodox Jewish rabbi. Rabbi Greer currently operates an Orthodox Jewish synagogue and Orthodox Jewish school affiliated with Torah Umesorah, the largest Orthodox Jewish educational organization in the United States. Yet Rabbi Greer did not seek redress from a rabbinical arbitration court, as he is required to do as an Orthodox rabbi, before filing this lawsuit against the Defendant claiming monetary damages.
5. On the date of August 7, 2016, the Defendant filed a demand for arbitration before the Beth Din of the United States of America concerning all matters alleged in the Plaintiff’s complaint.
WHEREFORE, for all of the foregoing reasons, the Defendant hereby moves that this matter be stayed pending arbitration before the Beth Din of the United States of America.